Living On Oxygen for Life
Hello everyone! I bet you’ve been wondering what I’ve been doing lately. Right? Well, it’s official. I’m placing our house on DEFCON 4 alert. K is sick with a sinus infection and it seems like he’s getting worse instead of better. You should hear his cough. It’s awful. Hence, the reason to move to DEFCON 4.
Wondering what DEFCON 4 means? The list below describes my self-made DEFCON alert system for our household. Enjoy!
- DEFCON 1: Happy and HEALTHY
- DEFCON 2: If one of us thinks we are getting sick, no hugs or kisses from each other. Definitely not sharing drinks or utinsels.
- DEFCON 3: This one is harsher. It includes DEFCON 2 actions. Plus, I grab a tub of Lysol wipes and wipe down all door knobs, remote controls, cellphones and computer keyboards. I monitor K’s condition but I do not hover over him.
- DEFCON 4: The doctor is called. Not just for him but for both of us. For obvious reasons since K is the one that’s sick, we either get an appointment or see if the doctor will call in antibiotics. Then I tell him the possibility of me getting sick from him. I just let him know that I’ve been exposed to something that K is currently fighting. ALL dishes that K touches goes immediately into the dishwasher. I never let him drink out of the same glass twice. So no refills in the same glass. Call me paranoid but I really think this helps. I keep a supply of Gatorade in the fridge and leave a bottle of it on his bedside table. He’ll usually drink it when I’m not around.
- DEFCON 5: This is the one I generally have to enlist K’s mom to help me. K doesn’t really like going to the doctor let alone have to go to the hospital. There has only been one time that I’ve had to take him to the hospital. (Thank you Jesus!) but he’s had to go to a 24-hour emergency clinic once before when he was sick. He’s a pretty stubborn guy! Bed sheets are changed immediately unless I can’t get him out of bed. If that’s the case, the pillowcase gets changed everyday.
So this is my basic DEFCON alert system guideline. Obviously DEFCON 1 is Happy and Healthy and that’s where we always want to be! Now, I’m about to go to the grocery store to stock up on more sinus medicine and gatorade for K. We’ve had to put off the grocery shopping for days and days. Now, I’m going to go alone because K just isn’t up to helping me. It’s ok because he knows I’ll just get the stuff that we really, really need and then he will go with me the next time when he’s feeling better to get the heavy stuff like kitty litter.
I hope all is well with you! *hugs* Don’t forget to follow my blog!